732 2nd Avenue, Columbus Ga
3 Bedrooms, 2 Baths, 1962 sqft with beautiful updates!
Sold for $215,000
Under Contract in 3 Days!
Perfectly placed on this corner lot over 100 years ago along the Historic Streets of Columbus. Living in Uptown means never being without something to do & owning a home in the Historic District gives you full access to the Uptown lifestyle w/ the privacy of ‘Old Columbus’ neighborhood living. Originally built in about 1910 but the interior was totally rebuilt in 1998, maintaining its historic charm with recent electric, plumbing, heating and cooling systems. The main floor includes 2 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, a large entry hall, cosy living rm w/ fireplace, formal dining & fantastic eat-in kitchen. Upstairs is a large bedroom/ bonus rm w/ a full bath. The deck out back overlooks the private backyard & meditation garden. This home offers off street parking in back w/ a double gate & privacy fence. The detached workshop provides great additional storage. Truly a fantastic find in Uptown!!
- Originally built in about 1910, but interior totally rebuilt in 1998, maintaining its historic charm but with recent electric, plumbing, heating and cooling systems.
- 3 bedrooms and 2 ½ bathrooms.
- 11 foot ceilings downstairs, with architectural details such as custom door and window moldings, crown molding, chair and picture railing, shutters, French doors and pocket doors. Solid wood doors throughout.
- Updated bright kitchen with custom white cabinetry, hardwood floors, and new stainless sink, dishwasher, and fridge.
- Master bedroom has en suite bathroom with double sinks and doors opening onto the back deck.
- Huge upstairs bedroom with bathroom, makes a wonderful playroom/kids bedroom.
- Jacuzzi tub and stand-alone shower in the upstairs bathroom.
- Floor to ceiling custom book shelves in hallway.
- Gas log fireplace in the living room.
- Beautiful hardwood floors throughout the downstairs, and white ceramic tile in all the bathrooms.
- Large back deck great for entertaining,
- Traditional front porch.
- Quiet corner lot.
- White picket fence in the front and 8 foot privacy fence in the back.
- Secure fenced, graveled, off-street parking (not typical in the Historic District)
- Attractive yard with climbing vines such as clematis, wisteria, lady bank roses and confederate jasmine. Small Japanese side garden.
- Mature trees including Chinese Elm, Japanese Maple, a large fig tree and twin Youpon Evergreen Hollies.
- Shed built about 2000 to Board of Historic & Architectural Review specifications — great for storage or as tool shed. (Can be utilized as a workshop with a reeled electric cord run to back of the house.)
- Large closets in each of three bedrooms.
- Ceiling fans.
- Attic for extra storage.
- Central air and heat.
- 5 minute walk to the RiverWalk.
- 10-15 minute walk to Uptown restaurants, coffee shops, bars, stores, art galleries, the RiverCenter, Springer Opera House and CSU’s RiverPark Campus.
- A block from the 7th Street Provisions restaurant.